Monday 19 August 2013

Book review: Demelza Carlton - Nightmares of Caitlin Lockyer

Demelza Carlton
Nightmares of Caitlin Lockyer

"Name?"
"Nathan Miller."
"What happened?"
"I was shot."
"Her name?"
"Caitlin Lockyer."
"What happened to her?"
"Looks like someone tried to kill her."

Nathan found a girl lying on a beach covered in blood. Saving her life was just the start. Now he's the prime suspect and he has to find out who's really responsible. Both of their lives depend on it.

Who hurt her? 
Why was he shot?
What did he promise?
Why doesn't his story add up?
Who was the dead man on the beach?
What will she remember when she wakes up?


My very first book review!
A bit different from my usual reviews, but a bit of a change isn't a bad thing. 

The lovely Demelza Carlton mailed me if I was interested in reading her book, and of course I was! I'm not familiar with Demelza Carlton's previous work so I can't compare between those books but I did like this book a lot.

I did not really know what to expect from this book, the information given about it is very little which makes it a bit of a mystery. I was curious about it and when I finally started reading it was impossible for me to put the book away.

Sometimes there were parts that were a bit unbelievable, but it's called fiction so I can't say anything about it. It's not something that's very bothering. The hospital part took a bit too long in my opinion, the first half of the book is all about Caitlin and Nathan in the hospital, Caitlin is still asleep at this point. It became a bit boring after a while. I was very happy when Caitlin woke up because from that point things got interesting! In fact, it became so interesting that I finished reading the book that same day. 

The book contains a perfect amount of twists, mystery and even some romance. I really liked reading it because it was very interesting. I actually can't wait for the next part. When Nightmares of Caitlin Lockyer comes out in paperback I will definitely buy it.

I absolutely recommend reading this book because it's very surprising. It will keep you guessing the entire time you're reading it, it's really good.



No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like..