Friday 2 May 2014

Review: Breaking Bad [Season 1-5]

Breaking Bad
Season 1-5
IMDB rate: 9,6
Genre: Drama, Thriller, TV Show

Of course, I had to participate in this Breaking Bad madness. I've heard so many good things about it, so I couldn't leave behind and I needed to watch it. Excuse this non-horror related review, it will be a short one.

First of all, I want to make clear that I think that I don't think that it's a bad TV show. But I must also admit that I didn't like it as much as everyone else seems to do. The acting is good, and the entire story is good, but I never felt an urge to continue watching. You know what urge I'm describing right? For example, at the moment I'll have to wait another week for a Game of Thrones episode, but after watching each episode I have the urge to continue watching, even though the episodes haven't been released yet.
I never felt that way with Breaking Bad, unfortunately. I did watch every season, and sure it has it's great episodes, but I just don't think that it's a TV show suitable for me.


A good thing about this TV show is that it didn't continue forever on, such as with Lost. It knew when it should end and how it must end. It stopped on it's highest point just like it should be with every TV show. Also, the ending wasn't disappointing, I think it was right the way it was.

Bryan Cranston, the actor behind Walter White aka Heisenberg is an amazing actor. He portrayed Walter White amazingly, the insecure side and the more badass side.

The main thing that kept me from focusing on this show was the pace, it was a bit too slow for me. I know that many important things happened but it was a bit annoying at times. Also, the things happening were slightly predictable, Walter and Jesse having their arguments, almost getting busted, Walter and his wife arguing, it was just pretty much the same in a lot of episodes.

However it isn't my number 1 show, I did enjoy watching it most of the time.

My personal rate: 8/10


No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like..