Friday 9 August 2013

Review: Jeepers Creepers (2001)

Jeepers Creepers
IMDB rate: 5,9
Genre: Monster

I've seen Jeepers Creepers 2 a million times already and I thought that I've seen the first one at least once, but apparently, I never saw it before. I have this DVD so long already and I never bothered to watch it because I was convinced I saw it already. Today I really felt like watching Jeepers Creepers one and two and I came to the conclusion that it was a brand new movie for me. It was fun to watch though, the movie is definitely different from the sequel. But it was definitely a fun movie.


On their way back home during the spring break, Darry and Patricia Jenner witness a mysterious person dumping something down a tunnel. Deciding to discover what was dumped down there, Darry discovers a huge disturbing hideout full of modified bodies. Darry and Patricia set off to get help, unaware that the individual is now aware of who has been down the tunnel. Darry and Patricia soon realizes that their pursuer is not just a mysterious person, but something even more horrifying, who has more in store than they could possibly imagine.

I like knowing a bit more about Jeepers Creepers, when you see the sequel you know small parts but what I did not know was that he only picked certain people. I'm very excited to watch the sequel another time this week because in my memory he was just killing everybody he saw, instead of specific people. Well, we'll see when I watch it later this week. There are also rumors about a third part of Jeepers Creepers. This might be interesting, but can also be too much. The first and second part don't really have high ratings, and while the rating does not say everything, it does say a little bit. I don't find Jeepers Creepers a very good movie but I do find it an enjoyable movie. No matter how many times I watched it, I like it.


The acting is a bit mixed. I always love Justin Long in movies, even though I like him more in comedies. I know he plays in many horror movies but he just has such a funny face. He is the perfect loser for a comedy. Maybe also a perfect loser for a horror, haha. Anyway, my point is I like Justin Long. However, the girl who played his sister, Gina Phillips, was terrible. Her acting is not very good and she has a very annoying part in the movie. Her yelling in the pipe was so terribly annoying. Or her yelling when the 'psychic' was talking. It's kinda rude to interrupt people who are talking you know?

A dumb moment was when Jeepers Creepers took the boy away, every police man is pointing a gun on him, and then the stupid sister jumps in front of them. Do you really want a bullet in your head? Not that you need to worry about that because the police man are too stupid to shoot the guy. A bit dumb.


I always like watching Jeepers Creepers. It's a fun movie to watch, not very scary but the creature is creepy. I can't wait to see the sequel this week. I do recommend watching Jeepers Creepers.

My personal rate: 6,5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like..