Sunday 16 June 2013

Review: Saw 3D (2010)

Saw VII
IMDB rate: 5,5
Genre: Torture, Serial Killer, Survival

So I finally watched the last Saw movie. I'm glad I finally finished them all. Some of them were terrible to watch, some of them were better (read: less terrible). This movie is one of the terrible ones. I wanted to watch them all so I can honestly say that they were terrible, and not like some people who watched two or perhaps three movies and called them terrible. Sure, they were terrible, but you can only truly say that if you've seen them all, right? It's definitely not worth watching them all, but it was a fun little project for me and I was able to write quite a few reviews again, which is always fun.

 I've actually expected the most from this movie since there were still so many unanswered questions, but unfortunately none of them were answered. Well one was but I already figured that one out. They could have make an excellent ending with this movie but they really messed it up. 


Detective Matt Gibson chases the psychotic Detective Mark Hoffman while Jigsaw's widow Jill Tuck tries to kill him as assigned by her husband. However he escapes and Jill meets Gibson and offers to sign an affidavit listing the murders committed by Hoffman. In return, she requests protection. Meanwhile, the prominent Jigsaw survivor and leader of a support group Bobby Dagen is abducted with his wife and friends and forced to play a mortal game to save himself and his beloved wife.

The movie started of terrible. It started with two men and a woman caught in a Jigsaw trap. This trap was in the middle of a city and a lot of people were watching. Not only did it look ridiculous, it was also useless. When the trap ended it was also the last time you saw or heard of them. It was nonsense. They had absolutely no connection to Jigsaw and only because the girl cheated on them they were in the trap. Why were these guy even punished? The approach is completely different with this trap. Why in the middle of the city? What's the purpose of all those people watching? Public shaming perhaps, but I have no idea why. According to the voice it was not a Jigsaw trap but a Hoffman trap, but it still doesn't explain anything.

The whole storyline was messed up, another new cop is introduced and of course he is after Hoffman and this is going wrong, of course. The cop was an incredibly bad actor and of course he dies. Like every other cop in the Saw movies, so as you can imagine, it was kinda predictable. The acting is terrible and the whole movie is a drag to watch.


In this movie you find out that Dr. Gordon (from the first Saw movie) is still alive, and of course he is also a Jigsaw apprentice. The whole storyline is so confusing to follow. This movie is also filled with flashbacks that are supposed to explain his presence but all it did was deny all the previous movies and make the complete series confusing as hell.

A thing that I really disliked was seeing Chester Bennington in this movie. When I was young I was a huge fan of Linkin Park and I still enjoy listening to it, seeing one of my favorite singers in a shit movie like this is rather disappointing.

The traps in this movie are so dull, nothing cruel of whatever, sure it was a bit cruel but not what you're used to in these movies. The one good thing I liked about this movie was seeing familiar faces from the previous movies. You saw a few of the Jigsaw survivors which cleared up some parts, since it wasn't always clear if they survived or not. For example, in Saw V I was absolutely sure the guy died and well, he appeared in this movie so I guess he didn't ;).


Unfortunately this was a terrible ending for the Saw movies. It could have been a lot better with the presence of Dr. Gordon but unfortunately they messed it up. It's sad that they even continue these movies after the first one because the first one is just brilliant. Everything that came afterwards is terrible. Maybe Saw II and Saw III were passable, they were not that terrible and had a good torture rate, which made it a fun movie. Everything that came afterwards should have never been made.

Watching the Saw movies that come after the first one are definitely not worth watching. Now I've seen them all I can finally honestly say that they are terrible. I'm glad I finished watching them because now I'll never watch another one, besides perhaps the first one, ever again.

My personal rate: 3/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like..