Monday, 1 April 2013

Horror movies of 2013!

 Horror movies of 2013
I'm from the Netherlands and many of the movies come out much later here than for example in the UK of USA or something. I wrote everything in sequence of when they come out in my country.

March

A Haunted House:
Malcolm and Kisha move into their dream home, but soon learn a demon also resides there. When Kisha becomes possessed, Malcolm -determined to keep his sex life on track - turns to a priest, a psychic, and a team of ghost-busters for help.

I normally hate parody movies, but this one is written by Marlon Wayans, so it might actually be funny! I loved Scary Movie 1 and 2, and they were both written by Marlon and Shawn Wayans so I think that A Haunted House can turn out nice. 


Warm Bodies:
After R (a highly unusual zombie) saves Julie from an attack, the two form a relationship that sets in motion a sequence of events that might transform the entire lifeless world.

I know this is called the zombie twilight version, but I think this movie might be quite funny. When seeing the trailer I actually laughed so that's already a plus point compared with Twilight. Let's hope that the zombies won't sparkle or get vegetarian huh ;). 


The Last Exorcism Part II:
As Nell Sweetzer tries to build a new life after the events of the first movie, the evil force that once possessed her returns with an even more horrific plan.

Worst choice of a sequel ever? I can only hope that they will explain how she survived, and what happened with the rest, but I'm not really counting on it. I also believe that this isn't a found footage movies anymore, so that can be a bit weird. I don't think this movie will be any good.

April

Carrie:
A sheltered high school girl unleashes her newly developed telekinetic powers after she is pushed too far by her peers.

I think this movie will be quite good, I haven't seen the original one unfortunately but I've read the book and I can totally see Chloe Grace Moretz playing Carrie. She is an amazing young actress and never fails to amaze me. Julianne Moore is also an great actress so I expect a good movie!


The Evil Dead:
Five friends head to a remote cabin, where the discovery of a Book of the Dead leads them to unwittingly summon up demons living in the nearby woods. The evil presence possesses them until only one is left to fight for survival.

I already wrote something about this movie before, and what I can see from the trailer it will be a good movie. I did not really enjoy the original ones, but to be honest, I have that most of the time with older movies. I also read on many places that this movie was actually better than the original, but only can wait till it's out!


Scary Movie 5
A couple begin to experience some unusual activity after bringing their newborn son home from the hospital. With the help of home-surveillance cameras and a team of experts, they learn they're being stalked by a nefarious demon.

Since Marlon and Shawn Wayans stopped writing the Scary Movie scripts, they started to suck, real bad. Scary Movie 3 was terrible, Scary Movie 4 was even worse. I think I'm not even going to see Scary Movie 5, because it might be unbearable. They should have stopped after Scary Movie 3, because that one already did enough damage. 

Lords of Salem:
Heide, a radio DJ, is sent a box containing a record -- a "gift from the Lords." The sounds within the grooves trigger flashbacks of her town's violent past. Is Heidi going mad, or are the Lords back to take revenge on Salem, Massachusetts?

It's a Rob Zombie movie, and surprising enough Sheri Moon Zombie is playing in it! To be honest, I'm getting a bit tired of Sheri Moon Zombie in every Rob Zombie movie. I just don't enjoy her as a actress. She isn't really bad or something, but she's like Helena Bonham Carter in Tim Burton movies. Not surprising anymore, and I'm just getting real tired of her. On another note, the trailer seemed a bit boring, I don't think it will be a good movie, but only time will tell ;).


May

Black Rock
Three childhood friends set aside their personal issues and reunite for a girls weekend on a remote island off the coast of Maine. One wrong move turns their weekend getaway into a deadly fight for survival.

Their are some very promising actors in this movie like Kate Bosworth and Lake Bell. But it seems to be a bit of a cliche movie. I think it will be a movie that you keep watching because you're curious about the ending, but I also think that you'll get bored easily watching it.


June

World War Z:
United Nations employee Gerry Lane traverses the world in a race against time to stop the Zombie pandemic that is toppling armies and governments, and threatening to decimate humanity itself.

I'm actually very curious about this movie. I saw the first trailer a few months ago and it really seems like a good movie. Brad Pitt is the main character so I think it won't be your typical horror movie (luckily!). 


July

The Conjuring:
A family encounters spirits living among them in their New England farmhouse. 

I already posted a trailer of this movie a few weeks ago, and I'm not really sure what to think of it. It seems like an interesting movie, but I'm afraid it will be a terrible movie.


August

You're Next:
When the Davison family comes under attack during their wedding anniversary getaway, the gang of mysterious killers soon learns that one of victims harbors a secret talent for fighting back.

It seems a bit like The Stranger to me, but with a bit more aggression and traps. I am interested in how this will end though. I think this might be a sort of promising movie, since the caption says that they will actually fight back instead of just screaming and being stupid ;).

October

Insidious Chapter 2
A continuation of the fate of the Lambert family.

I believe I already wrote something about this movie in another post. There's not much known for this movie so I'm not really sure if it will come out. I did not like Insidious that much so it's not really a must for me to come out. Since there's not anything known yet I'm afraid that the movie will be really rushed so I think it will turn out bad.

Haunt
An introverted teen sparks with his new neighbor, and together the couple begins to explore the haunted house that is family had unknowingly purchased. 

There is not much known about this movie yet, and there's also not a trailer yet. What I can tell from the storyline it will be a very typical movie so I don't expect much from it. However, this is hard to tell since there is not a trailer released yet.

Paranormal Activity 5
The information about this movie is being kept secret as usual. There's actually nothing known yet about the whole production of this movie so it's hard to tell if this will happen (I think it will). The story of Paranormal Activity 4 was terrible and I think they should start realizing that. 


There are a few more movies coming in 2013 but there is not much information about them. In many cases the movie will never be made or will be rescheduled to another year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like..