Wednesday, 27 February 2013

Asian horror movies



So, for years now I hear that Japanese or Asian horror movies are more scary than the (in most cases) remake and are definitely better than the original. I was never interested in those movies for some reason but last weekend I finally took a guess with watching Ringu 2 (or as you may have guessed, the original japanese version of The Ring 2), well I don't know if it was because of the movie, but this really really sucked. There was not one scary moment and the special affects or looking terrible. I am sorry, but this was in no way scarier than the remake. Like I said, it may have been because of the movie, maybe another movie is indeed scarier, but Ringu 2 is definitely not scarier than the Ring 2. 
The story is also very different, and I haven't read the book yet, so I can't tell which is the original story. What I also didn't like with the Asian version is that the names are very difficult, and it's hard to remember how somebody was named. This is of course not their fault, because those names are most likely common there, so that's something that I won't count with my conclusion.
My main point is that this movie was in no way scarier than the remake, so for this moment I'll have to disagree with people that are claiming that the Asian versions are scarier.

I watched the movie from a boxset that my boyfriend bought, and other movies that where in it where Dead or Alive, Battle Royale, Ichi the Killer and another movie that I can't remember, but I will watch those too and I will make another post about them, if they were scary or not. 

Anyway, this is my opinion for now, this might change when I watched the others!

3 comments:

  1. not scary eh?
    here's a list that might change that opinion:
    - Body#19
    - Ju-on the grudge (1-4)
    - Coming soon
    - Carved / slith-mouthed woman
    - tek-tek
    - Shutter
    - The red shoes

    I dare ya to watch any of 'em in the dark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. of course i'm talking about the original shutter and Grudge, let's agree that the remakes didn't quite catch the creeping fear that the original had and just replaced the eerie feeling with big loud noises in hope to get a reaction outta us

      Delete

You might also like..