Wednesday 16 January 2013

Short non-horror reviews

I saw a lot of good movies this week, but none of them are horror movies. I liked all of them and I think they deserve at least a short review. Next weekend I'll hopefully watch Sinister, so I'll write a review about that movie after it. 


The Perks Of Being A Wallflower (2012)
IMDB rate: 8,3

This is not just an ordinary high school movie, this movie is simple yet complicated, because of the many different things that are going on. The way this movie unfolds is sad and beautiful, while there are funny moments, it's mostly goes through many dark topics like drugs, homosexuality and death.

The story is about a shy kid named Charlie who just wants to get along with people. Behind every one of the characters there is a heartbreaking story that you'll get to know through the movie. There is so much emotion in this movie, which makes is just incredible.

Logan Lerman did an amazing job playing the simple, shy boy Charlie. I've seen almost all his movies, and he mostly plays a simple character, which doesn't mind, because he plays them always very well. Emma Watson played the character Sam, and while her American accent was good enough, the British slipped back in a few moments. Not disturbing though.
 The best of all the actors was Ezra Miller, he plays a gay character named Patrick, who is not afraid to show who he is, and he played it so well! I'm not familiar with his other movies, but I think he is a promising actor.

With no doubt, I think this is in my opinion the best movie of 2012. I loved it so incredibly much, and I can't say anything else than please go watch it. 

My personal rate: 9,5/10


Men In Black 3 (2012)
IMDB rate: 6,9

I was afraid that Men In Black 3 would be a disappointing movie, because MIB 1 and 2 were already made a long time ago. But that wasn't true. It was a nice movie and maybe even nicer than MIB 1. In my opinion the action and the funny moment are a lot less compared to the former parts, but that didn't mind after all, because the story of MIB3 was a lot better. MIB 1 and 2 were fun to watch, but didn't had a 'deep going story' in it, which doesn't matter, but part 3 did have this story and I really liked it. 
Also, you finally learn a bit more about 'K' (Tommy Lee Jones) and Will Smith's character 'J'.

What I even liked more was the great resemblance between Josh Brolin and Tommy Lee Jones. You see, Josh Brolin plays a young 'K' in 1969, and he looks so much like him that it's a bit scary. And besides that, he acts amazingly well. Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones didn't lose their charm either.

A lot of people did not like MIB 2, and in my opinion it was a fun movie to watch, but not really a good movie or something.
I definitely recommend watching this one, since it's a lot more enjoyable than MIB 2, and in my opinion it's even better than MIB 1.

My personal rate: 7,5/10


The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012)
IMDB rate: 8,3

I first have to start with saying that I'm not entirely sure what to think of the Lord Of The Rings, I like the movies, but sometimes the movie just takes too long, especially The Two Towers in my opinion. I'll also have to say that I don't really like long taking war scenes or anything, so that might me the reason why. However, I did like The Fellowship Of The Ring and The Return Of The King. My boyfriend is a huge LOTR fan, and he always explains a lot about the movies and that's why I did start to appreciate the movies more, because when you know the story a bit better, the movie gets better too of course.

Well, yesterday we went to see the Hobbit, and I really liked it! At first I was afraid that the movie might take too long, because it lasts 169 minutes, but when seeing the movie, the time flew by. I haven't read the LOTR or the Hobbit books yet, so I don't know a lot about it all, but that didn't mind, because everything was explained well enough. I really liked how the Hobbit starts on the same day the Fellowship Of The Ring also starts, I have no idea if it's the same in the book, but it was a nice reference.

The animations and the landscape where of course breathtaking just like in LOTR, every detail is perfect, so amazing. Also, I liked Martin Freeman as the main character Bilbo Baggins, he also looks a bit like Ian Holm (the old Bilbo) in my opinion. I actually want to write a lot more, but because this is supposed to be a short review, I'll quit now, before I start giving spoilers or something.

Anyway, if you're into fantasy, adventure or the LOTR movies, this movie is perfect for you. 

My personal rate: 8,5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like..