Monday, 26 November 2012

Short reviews

So as you might have noticed, I'm a big fan of 'bad' horror movies. Like useless slaughter movies that don't ever have a good story. I just like it. But of course, there are many movies that are just too bad to watch. Bad acting, bad story and so on. I watch a lot of these bad horror movies, and some are just really funny to watch, like Wrong Turn or The Hills Have Eyes or anything. But some.. well, they are just not worth waisting your time on. I decided that whenever I watch one of these horror movies that I liked or didn't liked, that I'll write a short review about it. I'm apologizing in advance for my english, because that isn't too well.



Don't let him in (2011)
IMDB rate: 3,6
Genre: Slasher

Well, it isn't often that I don't finish watching a movie, until I saw this movie. I bought a box once with the movies Train, Make Out With Violence and this one in it, I already did a review of Train, and Make Out With Violence is the next review, but this movie.. makes me speechless. First, the characters where terrible. Way too predictable, and I just couldn't connect with either of them because of the bad acting. They just looked like it was all very obvious and not important at all. Also, they didn't seem very smart since all the stupid actions they made. When something bad happened it was just not possible to care, because there was no connection. I find that every movie needs some connection with at least one character, or else there isn't any tension. So that's why I didn't finish watching it, it was just not interesting.

My personal rate: 2/10


Make Out With Violence (2008)
IMDB rate: 5,2
Genre: Zombie 

This is the last one of the horror box I mentioned before. A bit of a strange movie, I found it a sort of Indie movie. Not really horror, but it kept you curious of what will happen eventually. It was definitely not what I expected, but it wasn't bad either. The movie is kinda slow, but besides that, it wasn't bad. The editing and filming was really nice done, and the story wasn't really bad, but not too special either. The zombie girl seems to be a sort of backbone in this movie, although her presence is not really clear. Make Out With Violence is about two brothers who need to deal with the death of their friend Wendy, her body was never found but one of the brothers does find it, and she appears to be a zombie. She is tied to a tree (by who?) and isn't a really typical human-meat eating zombie. The brother decides to take her home and keep her in a bathtub while the brothers try to resemble a life for her. Although this is more of a story behind, because the main story seems to be going about friendship, family, love and death. The acting was also quite good, the love for the zombie by one of the brothers is slightly terrifying, and disturbing, but also a bit.. cute? The movie wasn't that bad, but don't expect it to be a horror movie, because it's more a drama. (Although it's stated as a horror). And, don't expect any making out or violence, because there won't be any ;).

My personal rate: 5,5/10


The Strangers (2008)
IMDB rate: 6,1
Genre: Survival

I've already seen this movie when it just came out, and I thought it was a nice movie but not scary. Now, a few years later I had to change my opinion, because it was definitely more scary than before. I really liked these horror movies, because they're not full of slaughter and gore, this was just a bit of a mindfuck movie in my opinion. It seems a bit boring, because this story also starts with a young couple, an isolated vacation house and people with masks, but this movie seems to stand out a bit of all the other ones in my opinion. For a start, this movie isn't full of slaughter and shocking images that seems to be so 'hot' the last couple of years. The 'strangers' are three people with masks that are terrorizing the young couple, by knocking on doors and windows, stealing cellphones or just staring from a corner of a room. The only thing I noticed is the resemblance between this movie and the French movie 'Ils' which is also a great movie btw. But that might be just what I thought ;). The tension in this movie is great, the acting is also amazing, Liv Tyler and Scott Speedman where totally convincing as a couple, and you would really connect with them. Definitely recommend this one, if you have not seen it yet!

My personal rate: 7,5/10


No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like..